All the material below is updated and expanded in:
Chapter 6: Gender, Age, and Alcohol Effects on Survival
Chapter 7: Older Drivers of Traffic Safety (Copyright © 2004 by Leonard Evans)
(Numbering is sequence on a longer LIST OF PUBLICATIONS)
165. Drivers involved in crashes killing older road users (PDF). SAE paper 2007-01-1165. Warrendale, PA: Society of Automotive Engineers, April 2007.
137. Gender and age influence on fatality risk from the same physical impact determined using two-car crashes (Co-authored with Peter H. Gerrish), SAE paper 011174. Warrendale, PA: Society of Automotive Engineers; March 2001.
136. Age and Fatality Risk from Similar Severity Impacts Journal of Traffic Medicine, 29: 10-19, 2001.
135. Female Compared to Male Fatality Risk from Similar Physical Impacts, Journal of Trauma, 50:281-8, March 2001
132. Risks older drivers face themselves and threats they pose to other road users. International Journal of Epidemiology, 29: 315 - 322; 2000